Media Impact Funders is a member-supported network of funders who seek to improve society through media and technology. As a catalyst connecting funders and media makers and encouraging their collaboration, we support the ever-growing field of media that matters.
We are seeking a part-time development consultant responsible for raising funds from foundations, corporations and individual philanthropists to support the mission, goals and programs of MIF.
The candidate must have a proven foundation fundraising track record, experience working with foundation executives, excellent writing and communication skills, research skills, solid grants management and reporting experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the executive director.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and secure funding primarily from foundations, and also corporations and individual philanthropists. Maintain contact with current and prospective donors and members.
- With the executive director, establish goals and priorities and track multiple projects and deadlines.
- Conduct prospect research to identify and prioritize potential funders.
- Take the lead as principal writer on all proposals, reports, and other correspondence for submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders. Develop content for grant proposals and program budgets both independently and in collaboration with senior staff. Prepare budgets and financial reports for all proposals.
- Prepare additional written development related materials including letters of inquiry, interim and final reports, acknowledgements, and all other forms of correspondence with donors.
- Create and maintain a grants management and tracking program and database, maintaining a grant activity calendar.
- At least five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of obtaining funding from foundations. Corporate and major gifts success a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others to produce strategic, compelling funding proposals which result in financial support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical complexities with clarity and simplicity.
- Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines.
- A quick learner, resourceful, flexible, and can thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in MS Office Suite and database development and management.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Vince Stehle to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Development Job” in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls please.