Get to Know NewsMatch: An Easy Way for Funders to Support Independent Nonprofit Journalism
When: Thursday, Sept. 27 | Noon-1 p.m. ET
Where: Online webinar via Zoom videoconference
Looking for an easy way to support journalism? Join us from noon-1 p.m. ET on Thursday, Sept. 27, for a webinar on NewsMatch, an innovative funder collaboration that has raised more than $4.8 million in charitable giving to journalism.
You’ll hear both funder and grantee perspectives on how NewsMatch works and the impact it has. Representatives from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Democracy Fund will be on hand to offer an overview of NewsMatch’s goals and answer questions about how interested funders can participate.
- John Bebow, president and CEO, Bridge at the Center for Michigan
- Melissa Lilios Davis, Vice President of Strategic Communications, Gates Family Foundation
- Fiona Morgan, Journalism Funders Network Manager, Media Impact Funders
- Karen Rundlet, Director of Journalism, Knight Foundation
- Joshua Stearns, Director of the Public Square Program, Democracy Fund
MIF recently received a $200,000 grant from Knight Foundation to help increase philanthropic support for local journalism and information. Part of our work will include promoting the NewsMatch initiative to our growing network of media funders. We are grateful for Knight Foundation’s continued support and partnership, and for the opportunity to help strengthen local news in our communities.
NewMatch runs from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31, 2018. Learn more about NewsMatch at newsmatch.org.