Job Title: Manager of Member Engagement
Organization: Media Impact Funders
Department: Membership & Development (reports to Executive Director)
About Media Impact Funders
Media Impact Funders (MIF) is a national membership association that advances the work of a broad range of philanthropic funders committed to effective use and support of media in the public interest. Media Impact Funders informs, convenes and mobilizes a growing network of funders around the crucial role that media and journalism plays in democracy and social change through tailored programming that explores a broad range of issues and opportunities in the media funding field; facilitation of peer collaboration and resource-sharing to create or expand media effectiveness. As a philanthropy serving organization (PSO), MIF often works in collaboration with other PSOs to showcase the power and impact of storytelling through journalism and other media as an effective philanthropic strategy.
To meet the demands of the rapidly growing field of media philanthropy, Media Impact Funders is seeking a full-time manager of member engagement responsible for supporting member recruitment, engagement, retention, and fundraising efforts.
The successful candidate will:
- Under the guidance of the Executive Director, support and implement MIF’s membership and revenue strategy
- Ensure that the membership department meets membership-related revenue organizational goals
- Implement membership dues restructure rollout slated for January 2024
- Manage and maintain the organization’s CRM database
- Maintain contact with current and prospective members
- Draft member-related materials including renewal notices, acknowledgements, and other forms of correspondence with members
- Manage monthly journalism funders’ calls
- Three to five years professional fundraising experience in a related field or organization
- Experience with digital tools and platforms to stay organized, communicate transparently, and collaborate with team members remotely
- Ability to pivot to meet unexpected membership inquiries and research opportunities
- Strong research skills, excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, in collaboration with others and independently
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical complexities with clarity and simplicity
- Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines
- A quick learner, resourceful and flexible
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong computer skills with expertise in MS Office Suite and CRM database development and management
- Strong knowledge of the nonprofit and philanthropic sector
- Available to travel for membership engagement opportunities (2-3 times per year)
- Available to travel for annual Media Impact Funders flagship events (3 days per event)
This position reports to the Executive Director.
This full-time, 35-hour-per-week position’s salary range is $70,000-75,000. MIF offers a comprehensive benefits package, including complete coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance; a retirement contribution; a childcare stipend; a generous paid-time-off program; a flexible remote work schedule; and staff development opportunities.
Our office is located in Philadelphia. MIF staff has opted to continue working remotely post-pandemic, but we are currently transitioning to a hybrid work arrangement.
Please send a cover letter describing your interest in this position, a resume, and a professional writing sample of a recent grant proposal or donor communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Manager of Member Engagement Position – Your Name” in the subject line.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Media Impact Funders is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sexual orientation or expression, gender, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, military status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. All individuals are welcomed and encouraged to apply.