This is a funder-only webinar.
As funding for nonprofit journalism increases, how do we go from plans to action? How do we make the case for journalism funding to funders who think they can’t make media grants because of how their portfolios are structured, or who don’t know enough about the field to make impactful grants? How do we create on-ramps into the work of local journalism ecosystem building.
Join us on our next webinar, where our speakers will address those questions.
We’ll hear from:
- LaMonte Guillory, Chief Communications Officer of the LOR Foundation, on how and why LOR partnered with the Solutions Journalism Network to bring local news to communities throughout the Intermountain West.
- Tyler Tokarczyk, Program Officer of Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation and Inasmuch Foundation, will speak about his experience encouraging fellow funders to support Oklamhoma Watch through the lens of a national journalism foundation and a place-based foundation.
- Molly de Aguiar, President of the Independence Public Media Foundation and MIF board member, will provide an overview of the tools and resources funders new to this space should become familiar with.
- Courtney Eshleman, Director of Development & Member Engagement at Media Impact Funders, will give a brief overview of NewsMatch, the matching-gift campaign to increase support for nonprofit news, and explain how foundations of all sizes can get involved in the turnkey platform.
- Norris West, Director of Strategic Communications at The Annie E. Casey Foundation and MIF board member, will moderate the discussion.
This is an invitation to our August Journalism Funders Network webinar. Every month, as part of our work with the Journalism Funders Network, we host a webinar to help funders find common points of entry to make their work more effective and efficient through strategic partnerships. All funders can—and are encouraged to—participate in these calls even if they are not a part of the Journalism Funders Network. Learn more.