12:00 pm—1:00 pm
This is a funder-only webinar.
We’re dedicating this month’s Journalism Funders Network webinar to discussing the themes and highlights of a few big gatherings for the international journalism community:
- April 3-9—The International Journalism Festival in Perugia, Italy
- April 9—Media Impact Funders’ one-day pre-conference funder gathering at the Skoll World Forum on Social Entrepreneurship in Oxford, England;
- April 12-13—The 20th annual International Symposium on Online Journalism (ISOJ) in Austin, Texas
We’ll hear from:
- Rosental Alves, Knight Chair in Journalism and founder and director of the Knight Center for Journalism in the Americas at the University of Texas at Austin, who will give us the highlights from the 20th anniversary ISOJ in Austin.
- Sandy Herz, Director of Global Partnerships at Skoll Foundation, who will inspire us with the power of journalistic storytelling for social impact.
- Miguel Castro, Senior Officer for Global Media Partnerships at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, who will report back from Perugia, Italy, where he’s presenting in sessions on journalism funding and building trust.
Come ready to share your own examples, questions and ideas. We’re looking forward to connecting with you. And if you’re heading to Oxford or Austin, let us know—we’ll be there!