This is a funder-only session.
Please join Mission Investors Exchange for an advanced investor conversation on Friday, April 1, at 2-3:30 p.m. ET for an open-mic discussion on the current conflict in Ukraine. During this action-oriented, interactive conversation, we will continue discussing topics from MIE’s Open Mic on Ukraine of March 18 with a focus on responding to the crisis with specific urgent and long-term investment opportunities.
This Open Mic will address the war on truth, investment opportunities in social determinants of health such as childcare facilities, jobs for the future, and access to capital for entrepreneurs, and the creation of a sovereign wealth fund to buttress recovery efforts.
Beyond learning about potential investment pathways, the conversation leaders will seek investor insights on barriers to investment and the products and opportunities most likely to fit mission-driven investors best.
- Nataliya Katser-Buchkovska, Former Member of Ukrainian Parliament and Co-Founder, Ukrainian Sustainable Fund
- John Kluge, Founder and Managing Director, Refugee Investment Network
- Harlan Mandel, CEO, Media Development Investment Fund
- Elizabeth Morrissey, Managing Partner, Kleiman International Consultants, Inc.
- For mission-driven investors, what are the investment needs and opportunities for addressing the challenges facing Ukrainian and other peoples impacted by the war?
- How can impact investors work together to identify pathways for their foundations to learn, collaborate, and invest with a racial equity lens?
- What are the tools beyond grants that can be put to use?
- Media investing, recovery efforts to include social determinants of health, innovative finance, sovereign wealth funds, and access to capital for diverse entrepreneurs
Open Mics are informal, lightly structured conversations for MIE members and invited guests. To request an invitation or for questions, please contact Zineb Touzani at email@example.com. MIE members should register here by Thursday, March 31.
Mission Investors Exchange presents this Open Mic in coordination with the Refugee Investment Network, Network of Engaged International Donors, Media Impact Funders, Threshold Foundation, and the Global Impact Investing Network.