This is a funder-only gathering.
In August 2019, Media Impact Funders held a special meeting to help chart a course for the field of media impact assessment. We convened leading practitioners to identify best practices, assess the state of practice more broadly, and explore new ways of doing media impact assessment. We reconvened the group at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival, where we released our report, “Decoding Media Impact: Insights, Advice & Recommendations,” which provides an examination of the field of impact assessment and practical advice for funders interested in learning where to start.
In an effort to continue those conversations, especially among funders supporting impact production or looking to support impact production, in partnership with the Perspective Fund, we are hosting a discussion on
- The latest developments in impact production, including innovative models and approaches
- How challenges brought on by COVID-19 are being addressed
- The imperative for funders to better support impact production
- Vanessa Cuervo Forero, Impact strategist working with the Good Pitch program in Latin America
- Katie Donnelly, Co-founder and Director of Learning & Impact, Dot Connector Studio; Research consultant, Media Impact Funders
- Sahar Driver, Impact and engagement strategist, researcher and educator
- Ali Fujino, Interim Executive Director, Far Star Action Fund
- Denae Peters, (moderator) Program Officer, Perspective Fund